Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Getting over it

So I was really really angry and upset with what happened at the convention. Especially the behavior of some dionistas during the final vote and later that evening. (spitting on people should never be acceptable)

It was very difficult for me to face the level of abuse I received given that Dion had always been my second choice, I had never been critical of him, I had many good friends on his campaign and I had even provided help to his campaign in lots of small ways.

I felt very betrayed by the comments made about Michael by the dionistas. I was concerned by the fact that the martinite braintrust is central to his team.

mostly I was sad that my guy lost.

In Alberta it is hard to be on winning campaigns, they are few and far between if you are a Liberal. I thought Michael was the best choice.

I am slowly coming around to acceptance.
What will I do with Dion as Leader.

I will never knowingly do anything to harm him or my party.

Hopefully over time I will become enthusiastic about him and put the same effort that I put into previous campaigns.

but man, the nastiness hurt.... Especially as it was so unexpected

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home